It is important to make sure that you are staying aware of the signs that your child could be experiencing medical problems that require the assistance of a doctor that specializes in pediatric cardiology. Not sure what to look for? Here are some of the signs that may indicate that there is a need for you to make this type of appointment with a pediatric cardiologist.

Problems That Come With Exercise

If your child has started to complain of chest pain, heart palpitations, or dizziness from a small amount of exercise, it is time to look into getting a some medical help. This is especially important if your child has never had such problems in the past. The quicker these changes present themselves, the more urgent of a situation it is that you could be dealing with. 

Dizziness That Occurs After Quickly Getting Up  

This is something that can indicate that there is a medical problem, but it could also be that your child is dehydrated and simply needs more fluids. Call to make an appointment with a pediatric cardiologist if this problem does not resolve itself in a few days of getting adequate fluids in their system. If the problem persists and it is becoming much worse before you can be seen by a cardiologist, you will want to take your child to the hospital's emergency room.

The Coloring Of Their Skin Has Changed

If the coloring of the skin of your child has changed, possibly become more blue in color, you may want to call for an ambulance. From the hospital, you will want to call to get set up with an appointment so your child can follow up with a pediatric cardiologist. The change in skin color could be a result of not enough oxygen getting into the blood supply and this is a very serious situation that could get worse extremely fast. The last thing you want is for that to happen, as your child's life could end up being in danger.

If you do not already have a pediatric cardiologist in mind, you can always speak with your child's pediatrician in order to get a referral. Your doctor will have a lot of experience with the pediatric cardiologists in your area and will be able to direct you to the one that he or she feels will be able to best handle the situation that you are dealing with.